How to Navigate a Bridal Show
[Photo Courtesy of Sweet Bliss Weddings]
Early spring is when a lot of wedding shows start happening and while it may seem like a madhouse to go to one, there are some good reasons to do so: You get to see what competing vendors are offering, there will likely be deals, sales or sweepstakes to help your budget out and it could actually be a lot of fun! Follow these tips to make sure your get the most out of your day.
- Research List of Vendors: Don’t go in blindsided and overwhelmed. Look through the list of vendors and select the ones that appeal to you more. This way you can zero in on them to get what you want.
- Make a New Email: Before you go, create a new email account for everything you sign up for at the show. This way, all your emails are in one place and your personal account won’t suddenly be bombarded with vendors welcoming you to their mailing list.
- Labels with Address: Print out labels with your name and address (and newly created email). You will likely be signing up for many things so instead of having to handwrite your info a dozen times, slap on your address sticker to save time.
[Photo Courtesy of Wedding by Color]
During the Bridal Show:
- Dress for the Occasion: For a full day of walking, make sure you are wearing comfortable shoes and clothes. You may also be picking up free samples, brochures and such so bring a big bag to carry everything in.
- Bring Your Wedding Ideas: If you have a scrapbook or even a Pinterest board, make sure you have it handy just so you’re sure that everything matches. A really good idea is to have swatches of wedding scheme so that vendors can survey the color and material to give you sound feedback.
- Relax: You might be there to get a million things done but it doesn’t mean it has to be stressful. Make a trip out of it by bringing your friends, your fiancé and his friends. Turn it into quality time with your bridal party and enjoy the experience!
Dawn Lo is a contributing writer to the Bridal Guide.
Please follow and like us: